Tuesday 4 December 2012

And on a feathery light note...

It is high time for some sunshiney news dont you think? I surely do! Lets even use some fancy fun bullet points after all these sermons shall we?
  1. There is so much high end meat consumed around here, sausages, steaks, ostrich, and big ol pork chops that chicken is considered a bit of a common girly vegetable...infact if you dont serve meat at a meal, its been considered as a light snack
  2. No joke, you know how we race dog teams through the snowy tundra...well I was walking along the beach the other day and sure enough, the rumor was true, I witnessed my first summer dog team being trained for beach races, the sled, huskies and "mush mush" sounds included!
  3. My first calus appeared this morning post my first guitar lesson
  4. Ive officially been here 2 months today, happy anniversary!
  5. Im doing my first bridal party hair this saturday for a friend
  6. I recieved my first care package full of chocolates and a hair magazine, what could be better my dear Friesen family!
  7. Ive been using the guise of night to find random patches of Aloe Vera for my poor pink skin
  8. The first cockroach spotting has occured in our kitchen, apparently many more along with the summer season
  9. Im leaving in 20 minuets to bring my first hair model to a local salon to "show them what Ive got" a little extra deoderent to be applied
  10. Finally, yesterday a dear friend of mine prayed for a new light hearted spirit of peace to replace this heavy weighted heart Ive been carrying around here since Ive arrived...and honestly in that moment carrying through till this morning, Ive got a feathery light peace inside and even working its way outside, physically affecting even my body as the once constantly rumpled forehead of mine has relaxed into a calm, easy and open demeanor. Today when Ive smiled, I really mean it. It feels really good. The COOLEST part is that during the time she was praying I kept getting this picture of all these lovely feathers falling around me and in me. The thing is, before she had prayed for me, her and her prayer team received this word picture for the evening that the Holy Spirit was going to use feathers to joyfully tickle and bring a light hearted peace to the spiritual feet of those that came to be prayed for that evening. AS if!!
So breathe in breathe out, your prayers, my prayers, are not in vain. Thankyou thankyou thankyou!
Love, Char

1 comment:

  1. I so enjoyed reading this post!
    What a great GOD we have!!
    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete