Monday 8 October 2012

And Touch Down!

Hello my fine friends!

Get this!
As per usual I had an eventful African flight experiance...missed one, re-booked another, couldn't get ahold of ywam to tell them I had a new itinerary. Thus, upon arrival I had no idea whether someone would be here to meet me at the airport. So I gather my courage along with my luggage and am about to exit into customs when, I look across to another luggage carrousel and there waiting for his luggage, is the one person I know in all of South Africa! I met Wil ten years ago during my ywam and havnt seen him since! His family was waiting there for me so I got to meet them immediatly and when I found my contact person Wil came over and made sure that ywam staff was on the up and up and gave me the okay to go with him! Ha as if our God doesn't take the best care of me right off the bat!
So Ive sort of settled into a house here, Im not sure what is going to happen as S-Cape House is really in transition right now and Im actually living in it with 4 other staff and one 16 year old girl who is a resident. We will see how this all works out.  The sooner funds can come for the new safe house the sooner everthing can get settled again and I will be able to actually give you an idea of what my days look like here. The word random thusfar would descibe my day to day experiance.
None the less, did I mention as I took my first jog along the ocean beach this morning the tides were carrying the first surfers inland, sun rising beyond them? No? Well there it is!!!!! Ha!!! I found a few other german girls who want to learn to surf from some french guy...so we will see when this dream begins to set sail!
As I dont have the www at my home, so I'm a bit limited at this point to respond to your emails. But please please by all means comment away as I dearly love hearing from any familiar voices.
Ok off I must go, Joshua 1:9 has been my lifeline.
Char

No comments:

Post a Comment